The passion and drive among our people are the root of everything we do. We believe that everything rises and falls on leadership hence our commitment in nurturing and developing girls and women to leadership roles. Therefore, most of our people come from the same communities and share similar backgrounds to the individuals we support.
Our Trustees & Management Team
As a charity, we are governed by a board of trustees.
* Penny Cooper
* Desire Ndhize
* William Mugo
We are thrilled to have the support of our ambassadors who are passionate advocates of the work Mojatu Foundation does.
Our Staff, Interns & Volunteers Team
* Valentine Nkoyo: CEO & FGM Specialist
* Laura McCartan: Fundraising and Communications Manager
* Iona McNab: Communications and Marketing Assistant
* Eleftheria Ktenas: Training Manager
* Julia Paul: FGM Support & Training Assistant
* Tanya Azad: Women & Girls Projects Lead
* Audrey Mattis: Office Manager
* Frank Kamau: Manager & Group Editor
* Sarah Waitherero: Human Resource Manager
* Robert Borbely: Graphic Designer
* Athira Nair: Finance & Accounts Assistant
* Joan Gathoni: Covid-19 Support Project Lead
* Pa Faal Modou: Mojatu Nottingham Magazine Editor
* Cecily Mwaniki: Mojatu Berkshire Magazine Editor
* Abdoulie Jah: Community Engagement Lead
* Edwin Ubah: Community Engagement Assistant
* Bashiiri Mohamoud: Somaliland Projects Manager
Covid-19 Support Team
Given the continued devastating effects of Covid-19, this special team is helping us meet the continually changing community needs:
Mojatu Foundation transforms communities through training, media, community engagement and health initiatives, especially tackling female genital mutilation.